Journeyman Sheet Metal Mechanic
Standard Roofing is currently looking for an experienced Journeyman Sheet Metal Mechanic to head up our Sheet Metal Department.
Site measure, fabricate and install roof related sheet metal flashings for membrane roofing projects. Includes miscellaneous related sheet metal work to include but not limited to fabrication and installation of storm collars, square to round flashings, serviceable hoods, counter flashings, scuppers & downpipes, etc.
Incumbents in this position will operate various power tools in the cutting, shape forming and joining operations including but not limited to 10’ metal break, power slitter, s-lock machine, etc.
Work is performed independently with considerable latitude for determining specific job methods within established procedures and guidelines. Work is subject to inspection during progress and/or upon completion.
Responsibilities include supervision and direction of apprentices or semi-skilled helpers as required.
Assignments are received through written work orders and may be accompanied by blueprints, detailed plans, sketches, etc.
- Site measure all sheet metal requirements once roofing work completed.
- Calculate and order the required materials to complete project.
- Slit, cut, dab and break flashings and all other metal items for project
- Load completed flashings for deliver to site and lift to roof.
- Install metal flashings and metal accessories to complete project.
- Provide all finishing items. To include caulking, clean-up, inspection of completed roofing project. When you leave project it should be ready for final roof inspection and issuance of Warranty.
- Complete daily Job site hazard assessments (to include fall protection plan) and insure all personal preform duties safely.
- Perform weekly tool box meeting.
- Inspect all shop equipment & tools, and perform/schedule regular maintenance as required.
- Order and control miscellaneous shop supplies and tools.
- Keep minor records and perform simple administrative tasks.
- Perform other related tasks occasionally such as, skylight installation, metal roofing and siding, eavestroughing & downspouts, peel and stick membrane work etc.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Considerable knowledge of the standard methods, practices, materials, tools and equipment of the sheet metal mechanic trade.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade
- Familiarity with the work of related trades.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions and to interpret blue prints and detailed plans.
- Ability to maintain simple records
- Skill in the use and care of a variety of hand and power tools and equipment of the trade.
- Ability to communicate positively and clearly with fellow workers, other trades and clients.
- Take pride in your completed work and the trade you work in.
- Team player
Training & Experience Requirements
- Certified Alberta Journeyman in the Sheet Metal Trade.
- Class 5 Alberta Vehicle Operators License.
- An asset but not required (first aid, man lift ticket, forklift ticket, CSTS,)
Permanent, Full Time, Hourly
We offer a competitive wage based on experience and qualification and an extensive benefit and pension package.
Standard Roofing Company Inc.
9935 – 29A Avenue
Toll Free: 1-800-238-5375
Estimating – New & Reroof Roof Construction
Barrett Jarosch – Ext 226
Leak Response, Repair & Maintenance
J.R. (Albert) Tandy – Ext 224
Project Management – New & Re-Roof Construction
Nick Pudde – Ext 229
Barrett Jarosch – Ext 226
Alison Baracos – Ext 230
© Copyright 2018 Standard Roofing – All Rights Reserved